I’m always in search of new liquid lips to wear. However, if you know me then you know I only wear nudes. Very rarely will you catch me wearing a bold red lip or wearing a bright pink. I’ve seen a lot of great nude liquid lips from Huda Beauty but could never decide which one would look best on me. When I saw on Sephora that Huda Beauty came out with Liquid Mini Mattes in the nude edition, I knew I had to buy it. The mini mattes also come in a red, pink and brown edition.
What the product description claims:
- The lightweight formula glides on a thin coat of color that intensifies as it sets to a matte, transfer-free finish with amazing staying power. You might even forget you’re wearing anything on your lips at all.
I will say the formula is very lightweight but unfortunately a bit too “liquidy”. When I was playing around doing swatches, the product actually dripped out of the tube! Since they’re all minis I kinda freaked out because they already don’t come with that much product. However, it did last all day on the lips and stayed on when I ate.
I love the packaging of these liquid lips! The frosted bottle looks the exact same as the full size version of Huda Beauty’s liquid lipsticks which are very sturdy. They’re all minis and therefore perfect for throwing in your purse or when traveling. They look and feel luxurious which is a plus!
Review + Swatches
Venus (deep-taupe brown)
- This shade was just way too light for me. I have a medium skintone and this looks like I have no lips at all. It’s such a pretty shade on its own but just doesn’t work for me. I think it would look beautiful on lighter skin tones though.
Bombshell (subtle pinkish nude)
- Before I got the mini liquid lips, Bombshell was the shade that I was eyeing the most. However, trying it on it was a bit lighter than I expected. While I think I can pull it off I’d prefer if it was a tad darker so I wear a darker lip liner underneath and then add Bombshell on top to give it some more depth.
Trendsetter (a stylish brown-nude)
- This is my favourite shade of them all! It’s dark enough that is shows up on my lips and doesn’t wash me out. This is a colour I can see myself wearing everyday and actually get some use out of. I think the shade is great for all year round too.
Flirt (cheeky brown)
- This is my least favourite shade of the four and I will probably give this one away. I’ve never been a fan of brown lipstick in general so it was no surprise I didn’t like it on my lips. However, I think this colour would look beautiful on people with darker skin tones.
I totally agree with the product claims when it says that it’s lightweight and you don’t feel anything on your lips. I wore Trendsetter all day at work and totally forgot I was wearing it until I went to the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror. However, for the price of $43 (Canadian dollars) I do think it’s quite pricey. Essentially you’re paying almost $11 per lipstick and considering that you might not like all of the colours, it can be a ripoff.
I would recommend Huda Beauty’s Liquid Mini Mattes if you’re curious in trying out her formula and various shades at once! It can be really hard to just pick one so having four to choose from was great. I also really love how they came out with other editions like red, brown and pink. I think other brands should start doing this as well to let the consumer try different shades at once! Since I only liked 2 of the 4 shades I think I might end up returning it and just get two full sizes of Trendsetter and Bombshell.
Have you tried Huda Beauty’s Liquid Matte Lipsticks before? Let me know what you think or if you’re going to try them!